The course is designed for those planning to take TOEFL iBT.
The course gives you exactly what you need to prepare for the internet-based test. If you successfully complete the required assignments you will get your desired scores. The lessons include such useful interactive features as self-check TOEFL-format tests, audio recording and evaluation of spoken responses, essay writing with marking and rating, to name just a few.
To be admitted to this course, you first have to take a placement test. Minimum entry level is Intermediate (B2). If that is met, we can arrange the timetable. Finally, you enroll by taking out a subscription. This is a duration based course, that can be extended or customized to meet your specific needs.
You can pay for two, four, six or eight lessons at a time.
The course opens with two important steps: - the diagnostic test pinpoints your weaknesses and directs you to the exercises that will strengthen those areas,- the introductory seminar that explains the structure and the requirements of the test and offers tips on how to get a high score.
How hard is it, really to pass TOEFL?
What if I am only Pre-Intermediate?
Can I prepare in just one month?
Can you guarantee me a score of at least 90 points?
These and similar questions haunt TOEFL hopefuls all the time. Predicting exam results is not exact science. Yet, in our experience, doing well at the Test depends on your understanding of its structure as much as it does on your proficiency in the language. So, if you know the test and task structure, you can score surprisingly well, even if your English is far from perfect.The program is structured to prepare you for the Test.
Each section includes regular:- mini-tests that use iBT format to check your competence in a certain set of skills;
- section practice tests in the iBT format at the end of Reading, Listening, Speaking, and writing sections to measure your competence after completing the respective section;
- full iBT format evaluation tests at the end of the program.All you need to enroll in this program is an internet connection and any device with a webcam and a screen that suits your needs.
You will get comprehensive preparation covering:
- all four primary skills of Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing,
- the secondary skills of Grammar (based on placement test diagnosis) and Lexis (with focus on academic vocabulary),
- the supporting skills of Note-taking, Rephrasing, Summarizing, Skimming and Scanning.
- explanation and practice of how to answer the various types of questions of the test;
- test-taking strategies for each section;
- a bank of over 300 exercises that isolate and build specific skills;
- academic vocabulary build-up; - pronunciation drills;
- training time-awareness;
- training in the use of the interface, typing and headset;
- strong focus on individual needs of learners.
The user-friendly Learning-management system (LMS) will among other things
- give you access to online practice resource and other multimedia features
- keep track of your home tasks and attendance
- e-mail progress-reports, enable you to send audio and text files to your tutor for assessment
- connect to useful external linksTOEFL iBT Preparation course brings you a solid curriculum covering every aspect of the test.
Course Package :
- Number of Live classes - 30.
- Number of Online Interactive Lessons & Tests - 70.
- Number of Documents - 15.
Course Content :
Academic VocabularySupporting skills
Apart from the main skills of reading, listening, speaking and writing, a set of supporting skills is crucial for TOEFL success. Some of them are tested indirectly. Others are not tested at all but will support your chances of doing well.
Your knowledge of vocabulary is tested in the Reading section. In addition, your ability to choose appropriate words to describe the main points and express your ideas will affect your score in the Speaking and Writing sections.Academic Word List of 570 essential words is based on a broad range of academic texts. It consists of 10 sublists ranged according to frequency.
There is no grammar section on the TOEFL iBT test, but how correctly and naturally you use a combination of basic and complex grammatical structures in the speaking and writing tasks will affect your score. A strong command of English grammar will also help you comprehend the material in the Reading and Listening sections.
The Reading Section
The Reading section of the TOEFL iBT test measures your ability to understand written academic English. You will be asked to read three to five passages and answer 12-14 comprehension questions about each passage.
The Listening Section
The Listening section of the TOEFL iBT test measures your ability to understand spoken English. You will see photographs of students and professors speaking and hear parts of conversations and academic lectures lasting from three to five minutes. Some of the lectures include classroom discussions. Each listening passage is followed by five or six questions.
The Speaking Section
The Speaking section of the TOEFL® iBT test measures your ability to communicate orally. There are six speaking tasks on the test. They are divided into two types: independent speaking tasks and integrated speaking tasks.
The Writing Section
The Writing section of the TOEFL® iBT test measures your ability to write standard academic English. There are two tasks in the Writing section of the TOEFL iBT test:- an Integrated Writing Task and- an Independent Writing Task.The Integrated Writing Task comes first because it requires some listening, and when you are taking the real TOEFL iBT, you will be wearing headphones. When you finish the Integrated Writing Task, which takes about 20 minutes, you may take the headphones off to work on the Independent Writing Task. You will then have 30 minutes to complete the Independent Writing Task.
Language of instruction: English